The Business Controller is responsible for a complete and qualitative delivery in time of the management reporting. He/she is the sparring partner and financial partner of the Business Unit Manager regarding interpretation and analysis of the figures and decision making. He/she is the coordinator and support of the business/corporate department for all planning activities.
Your performance areas
Business Controller Cinema Operations Luxembourg
1. Business Reporting
Contains all tasks & activities that generate accurate, timely and complete management information to create speed for the Business Unit Manager to take the right decisions & actions.
- Is responsible for the management reporting within the scope (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow en Capex).
- Works together and gives feedback to accounting department on quality of reported figures.
- Guarantees that important business decisions, changes, events etc. are reflected in the management reporting.
- Guarantees that het management reporting complies with the group strategy and organization, the statutory and consolidated reportingImplements and monitors controls concerning procedures, closing and management reporting.
- Takes ownership of the figures.
- Realizes ad hoc analysis for the business.
2. Business Controlling
Contains all activities & actions to support, to advice and to follow-up the business in the interpretation of figures in order to be a financial partner and sparring partner of the business and in decision making.
- Takes the alert function for identification of abnormalities and business risks.
- Challenges the Business Unit Manager in looking at the numbers.
- Pinpoints possible risks and makes the Business Unit Manager reflect on them.
- Explains differences in results and proposes actions to the business domain owners.
- Cost Accounting and profitability analysis, advise on optimization of profitability.
- Evaluation of profitability new opportunities and projects within Luxembourg (e.g. M&A).
- Puts the Plan – Do –Check –Act principles (PDCA) in practice according to the delivered management information (reporting’s and analysis on capex, ...).
- Detects insufficiencies in processes within their working area.
- Takes actions to realize a continuous improvement of controlling process (e.g. installation of performance management cycle, defining forward looking KPI's).
- Gives comments on results, evolution of financial KPI's and important business drivers.
- Makes Variance analysis vs Profit Plan, Forecast, Previous Period and Last Year.
- advises the Business Unit Manager on assumptions of business planning.
3. Budgeting and Forecasting
Contains all activities & actions in order to support and coordinate the planning process within the scope.
- Coordinates and supports the business unit management team: yearly budget, periodical financial forecasts and capex plan.
- Complies the yearly budget with the guidelines formulated by senior management.
- Does the monitoring of process/quality and analysis/review of above mentioned plans.
Periodical Capex Reporting
Responsible for capex reporting for the following purposes and within the following domains:
- Greenfield projects.
- Real Estate.
- Projection & Sound.
- Consolidation Department.
M&A and greenfields support
- Support Country Controllers in evaluation of profitability new Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and greenfield projects in existing countries in concertation with country management.
- Support in analysis M&A files new territories in cooperation with Business Controller M&A and Special Projects @ corporate level.
Quarterly reporting on country & consolidated level for Group Controller
Support Group Controller with quarterly reporting on country and consolidated level.
Management reporting projects
- Participate in management reporting projects on international/corporate level.
- You have an experience of at least 5 years in a business controlling role.
- You have a thorough knowledge of management reporting and performance management.
- You have a healthy dose of interest in financial and management reporting tools and are eager to participate in the further development of those tools.
- You have experience in planning processes.
- You have a thorough knowledge in Excel and Powerpoint.
- you have a basic knowledge of local GAAP and IFRS.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
- You are efficient and very accurate.
- We offer you a working experience with an expanding market leader in the entertainment world.
- A polyvalent job with lots of responsabilities and challenges in a financially healthy company.
- A working environment inviting you to give the best of yourself and to learn each day.
Schelde I - Moutstraat 132-146
Plaatsingsdatum27 November 2018
> 10 jaar